this is us


Our journey

In 1938 Rev. Jack McDonald held tent meetings in Petrolia. Out of those meetings, Evangel Pentecostal Tabernacle was birthed and eventually, a church building was constructed that held about 100 people. In 1977 a new building was built with a sanctuary for 225 people. In 1980 the name of the church was changed to New Life Assembly. Today the church campus on Oozloffsky St. has an auditorium that seats over 300 and a large gymnasium that is well used by church and community. Every Sunday about 300 people worship together and during the week, over 150 students gather for SLAM (Kids program), Jr. High, and Sr. High. The church has purchased additional land behind the church and are currently dreaming and praying about possibilities.